Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Frequently Asked Questions-
1. What is JROTC and what are it’s benefits?
- In the program we place a lot of trust in students. This means students are the leaders, most activities hosted by JROTC are led entirely by the cadets. Which would explain a popular phrase in the program, “Cadet lead, cadet run.”
- Students are to learn about the following while in JROTC depending on their year of education:
Teamwork, Leadership, Problem Solving, Time Management, First Aid, Self-discipline, Service Learning, Confidence & Physical Training (PT)
2. Are we obligated to join the military?
- We want you all to understand that JROTC does NOT try to recruit anybody for the military in any way, shape, or form.
- Rather, the mission of the JROTC is to Motivate young people to become better citizens. We are a program that wants to benefit the students on their own morals and values, not for any other reason.
3. Do I have to wear uniforms every day?
- Every Cadet is required to wear the uniform once a week, which is every Wednesday for “Uniform inspection”
- Wearing the uniform is 50% of a cadets grade.
- Cadets are not required to pay for the uniform whatsoever unless it is damaged, lost, or they fail to return it at the end of the school year.
- The uniform must be worn at all times during the school day and kempt properly. Meaning : taking it to the dry cleaners, lint rolling it, and storing it properly.
- No long nails or any acrylic/colored nails
- No makeup allowed
- No jewelry allowed
4. Do I have to cut my hair?
- Hairstyles must be kept within regulation. This means a nicely gelled bun for girls with long hair or a small and tightly wrapped ponytail for girls with short hair.
- Every Wednesday on inspection day, the cadets are required to have their hair done. The hair cannot touch the collar of your jacket.
- Boys' hair must not touch their ears and no longer than two inches on top. Girls' hair must be tied up into a bun.
- Hair color should remain natural as well, blonde, brown, and black hair colors are acceptable. Neon or artificial colors are not.
5. Do I have to wake up early in the morning so that I can come to the program?
- NO you are not required to wake up early to come to the school or program
- NOTICE: if you are in Exhibition or in the Varsity Drill Team or Freshmen Drill Team you will be required to come early in the morning ( Varsity Drill and Freshmen Drill team is from 7-8 A.M. ) ( Any Exhibition team 6-7 A.M)
6. Do I have to join a team?
- NO you do not have to join a team, it is completely optional and voluntary if you want to join a team or not.